Kaihan Krippendorff is the Founder at Outthinker Strategy Network. He believes the future belongs to those who are bold enough to take charge and embrace change. He sees the strategic patterns in businesses and uses it to increase their sales revenue. He joins fellow disruptor and host KJ Helms to discuss how companies can master innovation.
- The main ingredient to disruption is having the right language. You want to have the right mindset and go into it with doing something your competitors won’t do.
- You need to be different in order to make noise. Your competitors all may go a certain way but that doesn’t mean you can’t go against the current.
- There’s been a big change from people at smaller companies to moving to larger companies because larger companies offer them more freedom.
- There are four major barriers to disruption; Leadership, talent, culture and structure.
- Coordinate the uncoordinated. Power comes not from control, but from coordination. You want to find ways that you can coordinate something that isn’t working as it should.
- Expanding into other unknown spaces can lead to successful disruption. Amazon took to the internet, Zappos focuses on customer service and Wal-Mart is more about advertising.
- There are a few advantages a large company can have over a smaller company, such as more resources and room for growth.
Quote of the show:
2:35 “It's not about doing something your competitors can't do, it's doing something they won't do something that they will ignore and laugh at. As Gandhi said, ‘first they ignore you, then they laugh at you. Then they fight you, then you win.’ So it really begins if we take it back, they're not going to copy me. First they won't conceive of it. Then they won't choose it. Then they won't be able to commit to it, but it starts off with them being able to do it and not doing it.”
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kaihankrippendorff/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaihan?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- Company Website: https://outthinker.com
Ways to Tune In:
- Amazon Music - https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/eccda84d-4d5b-4c52-ba54-7fd8af3cbe87/disruption-interruption
- Apple Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/disruption-interruption/id1581985755
- Google Play - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZGlzcnVwdGlvbmludGVycnVwdGlvbi5jb20vZmVlZC54bWw
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/6yGSwcSp8J354awJkCmJlD
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/show/disruption-interruption
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/JOnsnmtvdKY